Wednesday, October 16, 2013

He's my son



Here I am wide awake when I should be sleeping.  It's my turn to wake up at 3am to give  Beckham his meds and it's 1230am.  I give them to him through his central line and it takes about a half hour for the meds to empty and then back to bed I go....anyway...
I have a lot of my mind right now.  Beckham goes back to the hospital tomorrow for round 2 of chemo.   I am nervous for him.  I am hoping the chemo goes easy on him again.  He didn't seem to get too sick last time.  I'm sad that the rest of his hair will probably fall out.  He has already lost most of it, but the little peach fuzz he has left on his head are in a way are the last bits of what "normal" was for me.  I don't even know if that makes any sense.  :/  I am worried about Beckham's leg.  The last couple weeks he has been limping around.  Sometimes he just stops and asks me to carry him.  It breaks my heart to watch him hobble around.  When will life be normal?
Last week someone in a Facebook group that I am in, for Utah cancer moms, posted about this song.  It  seems to hit perfectly how we are feeling in my house right now.  The musician wrote it for a couple he knew whose son had leukemia.  I thought it was worth sharing with you all.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I read this. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Lots of love and prayers are being sent your way for you, your family, and cute little Beckham. I love this song too.

    ReplyDelete