Sunday, January 25, 2015

NY (3f8 round 3) Jan 26-

It feels like it's been so long since me and Beckham have been in NY. But this morning at 5:20 we left the house for the airport. I kissed Navy goodbye and tucked her in while she slept. And we said goodbye to Sarah before leaving.
The airport was really busy for a Sunday morning. We arrived 45 minutes before our flight and The U.S. Airways line was 50 people long. I was certain we would miss our flight. The line for the security check was also packed and long. A security guard that we passed while getting in line mentioned that there wasn't a line at terminal 2. I took his advise and we jogged to the next terminal. We got through fast and jogged back over to our gate. We barely made it onboard in time. what a relief...

Getting from the JFK airport to the RMH took awhile. For some reason I couldn't figure out how to catch a bus. I thought they would have a bus that I could jump on at the airport. After wandering around for an hour I finally found that I had to take the Air Train to the Jamaica subway station a few miles away. Once there I found that the train going towards Manhattan wasn't stopping here because of work being done on the tracks. So we had to walk across the street and down a little bit to catch a bus that would take us to the next station where we could catch the train. Beckham was in a good mood and the extra travel time wasn't to bad.
That evening while settling in Sarah asked me if I had seen the news about a big snow storm that was expected in NY. I looked up the news and the headline caught my attention. My first thought was "wow, this is going to be fun!"



- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment