Monday, March 10, 2014

MSK 1st trip-Sarah Mar 10-14

I am so behind on blogging. I keep telling myself I will blog tonight and then it's a week later.
So....
New York was great! Like really really great! We went out Feb through Feb . We brought out the whole family and made it a little vacation too.
First off I want to say that I love the doctors we have now. They wonderful and so caring. I know they want the best for Beckham. I just wanted to see what other treatments were available for him. I read a lot about his cancer and how we can potentially beat this beast.
Sloan Kettering has more available to them then some hospitals. In the neuroblastoma cancer group I am in it is always brought up as a place to go and get 2nd opinions.
After meeting with the staff I was very impressed overall. I have been having a very hard time with all of this and yet with the progress he has made have wondered what Beckham's life is going to bring him. I see my friends and family post about different milestones their children are making and while I am genuinely happy and excited for them I found myself wondering later if Beckham will get to experience them as well. I am talking about simple things like going to school, learning to swim, riding a bike, etc.
Okay..I am off track now...back to the hospital visit in NY. What I meant to get at is after meeting with the doctors at Sloan Kettering I finally felt some optimism about his treatment.








No comments:

Post a Comment